Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc, trading as Morrison’s, is the fourth largest chain of supermarkets in the United Kingdom, with its headquarters based in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Founded in 1899 by William Morrison, hence the abbreviation Wm Morrison, it began as an egg and butter stall in Rawson Market, Bradford. His son Ken Morrison took over the company in 1952, aged 21. In 1958, Morrison’s opened a small shop in the city centre, It was the first self-service store in Bradford, the first store to have prices on its products, and it had three checkouts. The company opened its first supermarket, "Victoria", in the Girlington district of Bradford in 1961. Until 2004, Morrison’s store locations were primarily focused in the North of England, but with the takeover of Safeway in that year, the company's presence increased significantly in the South of England, Wales, and Scotland. Today the company has in excess of 500 superstores spread across the UK, Morrison’s employ 110,000 people and serve around 11 million customers each week.
The latest Rebranding was carried out over a 4 year period and included all exterior building signage, wayfinding, totem units, car park signage, plus all petrol filling stations signage.
The programme was unfortunately halted for a period of months due to the initial Covid lockdown restrictions but recommenced as the original restrictions were lifted to enable us to complete the remaining 115 sites on a fast track basis over a concentrated 8 week period.
The programme was internally managed by a dedicated experienced project management team, plus we also set up a separate dedicated remote factory hub to carry out final product assembly, testing, warehousing, and distribution of products to site. This process was adopted to ensure smooth delivery of the programme to Morrison’s without affecting the normal/general day to day operational functions of the business.
The programme of works included: